The Battlefield Where the Girls Say I Love You



That's just the thing: we will never tell you we love you. In fact, we're here only to hold hands across state lines and yell at the world. We're here to try to touch you across this chasm of flown things. Not even that. At most, I will teach you how to make a gin smoothie when there's nothing left in the house. Hannah can teach you several languages and what to do when your car breaks up with you. Thanks for coming out.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

the peach moonshine holiday party of 07



this year's holiday party was so lovely b/c of all you (except mamie, who was too cool), i can't even make fun of it.






i think you can tell, by my expression here, that i had totally fallen in the kitchen. boom, down. stilettos and a mopped floor.



stockings, pillaged by 3rd world children.









that right there. what jason's holding. the moonshine that did us all in.







skip this bit if at all annoyed by food descriptions that are not ironic at all, but are rather self-congratulatory and pompous. kiwi-lime pie. prosciutto-fig-goat cheese wraps. orzo with mint and raisins and pine nuts. ham-gruyere puff pastries. pistachio-crusted goat-cheese poppers. cheese trays with cranberries and poached pear. peach cream tartlets. mango-honey bruschetta. rosemary lamb with raisin-almond couscous. pomegranate mimosas. salads with parmesan baskets (you melt the parmesan and mold it over an overturned cup)... ok, i can't stop. it's loathsome.













blahblahblah, beautiful people, lovely time. wish i could do it every night.

12 comments:

JaySlacks said...

The moonshine might have done you in. I have a very romantic night after I left your party because of said booze. Its a shame I can't remember anything about it. But still.

Anonymous said...

I loved those salad baskets. Salad you can eat like taco! Genius!

hannah said...

if i had known, laura, that tom wasn't going to yrs, i would have forced him to babysit. as it was, everyone i had on-call was busy :( i drank a glass of wine, popped a glowing moth pill and went to bed.

slacks, here's hoping yr romantic night didn't happen at home. with yrself.

JaySlacks said...

Jesus. I used to have friends around here.

Anonymous said...

I know envy is one of the seven deadly sins, but so is gluttony and that hasn't stopped me.

Anyway: I am envious you guys all get to hang out and celebrate the holidays. And you all look pretty and happy. Which makes it even worse.

That is all. Go forth and be merry.

Anonymous said...

i would like to whole-heartedly second daisy's comment.

Anonymous said...

The salad baskets were killer. I am so stealing that idea.
PS: Why do I look like I've drank half the jar of moonshine when really I was drinking water all night? Too much cheese, perhaps?

Anonymous said...

I agree wholeheartedly with Daisy. So. Jealous!!! Everything looks beautiful, and I miss you guys!

hannah said...

lauren: why were you drinking water? tell me you're joking. also, i love this pic of you. so vewy pwetty.

everyone else: COME BACK THEN. it's a total racket. we're dying here without you. love you. dying.

and jarv: you have to admit, it sounded sort of incriminating.

Cue said...

Looks stunning!! ...And, I third Daisy's comment.

ashley said...

Isn't that David H. and David G. (not to be confused with David H.G.) under the mistletoe together? I missed that part of the party! Musta been when Tom and I were outside smoking... which was most of the evening.

hannah said...

omg, ash. that would have topped the raw meat at stevie's dance party.