The Battlefield Where the Girls Say I Love You



That's just the thing: we will never tell you we love you. In fact, we're here only to hold hands across state lines and yell at the world. We're here to try to touch you across this chasm of flown things. Not even that. At most, I will teach you how to make a gin smoothie when there's nothing left in the house. Hannah can teach you several languages and what to do when your car breaks up with you. Thanks for coming out.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

holy god, then there's this guy







Recently widowed man looking for room to share (Wilmington,NC) (map)
Reply to:
Date: 2008-04-07, 9:56AM EDT


My name is Joseph and I moved back to Wilmington 7 months ago when my wife of 26 years suddenly passed away. My sister lives here and invited me to stay with her until I had healed some and got on my feet, but after about two months she found out that she has breast cancer so I moved out to an apartment to give them their space. I am in a bind now. I am a self-employed interior trim carpenter and business has been very slow recently so I cannot afford my apartment by myself any longer. Idealy, I would like to find a house or apartment to share that needs work and I would work for part of the rent or all if it needs to be remodeled. I would live there while remodeling. If there are any women that live alone that need a man around the house and have a room they are willing to rent or trade for work I would do that also. I have got to find somewhere to live by the end of the month or I am going to be homeless. I am also expecting a pretty large settlement check from workers compensation in Seattle because I had to have carpal-tunnel operations on both hands. I can cook, clean,paint, any carpentry and lots more.


This post could also read: Serial killer from 1978 seeks roommate.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these!! The missed ads are great too.

Anonymous said...

jesus. you're both so fucking beautiful...sorry i had to post this on the construction worker from the village people's ad.

eric said...

I met h & m thru a craigslist ad.

Mamie said...

holy god, then there's this picture.

hannah, what are you thinking???? my hand appears to be born of the WATER GLASS.

so much rage and hatred right now.

eric said...

Mamie, I thought you were showing off the friendship ring that Hannah got you in that picture.

hannah said...

WE HAVE NO GOOD PICTURES. I'm not crazy about my moon face either. If you'd ever visit...