The Battlefield Where the Girls Say I Love You



That's just the thing: we will never tell you we love you. In fact, we're here only to hold hands across state lines and yell at the world. We're here to try to touch you across this chasm of flown things. Not even that. At most, I will teach you how to make a gin smoothie when there's nothing left in the house. Hannah can teach you several languages and what to do when your car breaks up with you. Thanks for coming out.

Friday, May 9, 2008

daisy chains

in the park down the street, with our aunt and uncle. aaron picked flowers, kan made daisy chains. we had a picnic under an oak. it's not like this every day, but when it happens, it's perfect.

5 comments:

Mamie said...

1. kan's hair's getting so long.

2. where's the aunt what's up with the aunt do you not like the aunt?

3. i bet eric a hundred dollars this morning that maus was peeing on his bed. he informed me that we could settle up using his paypal account.

4. the google ad atthisveryminute is: IT'S YOGA Y'ALL! sweat your asana off at this knoxville yoga clinic. or something.

eric said...

1. That b/w picture of Kan, cheesing at the camera with flowers in her hair, looks straight out of 1968.

2. Or maybe Mamie could resole a pair of shoes for me instead of giving me the cash.

3. Jesse and Tiffany are getting married tomorrow. IT'S A WEDDIN' Y'ALL!

hannah said...

1. she loves the camera. i have to be sneaky b/c the moment it comes out, she freezes and does a terrifying million watt smile that makes me nervous.

2. my aunt is camera shy. i was respecting that.

3. once! and she was traumatized. it's her only form of expression. you'd pee on beds too if you lost me.

4. oh, isn't it the park? have fun; i'll hope for nice weather.

Mamie said...

eric: be sure to tell matt j. that he's the hottest man alive. thanks. y'all.

eric said...

At the wedding.

Me: Hey MJ.
MJ: Hey. Been in the water lately? (He asked if I’d been surfing for the non-surfers)
Me: No. It’s been awhile. Too busy. You?
MJ: Every chance I get.
Me: Oh. I need to tell you that you're the hottest man alive.
MJ walks away without saying a word.
Me: No. I mean….

Thanks, Mamie.