The Battlefield Where the Girls Say I Love You



That's just the thing: we will never tell you we love you. In fact, we're here only to hold hands across state lines and yell at the world. We're here to try to touch you across this chasm of flown things. Not even that. At most, I will teach you how to make a gin smoothie when there's nothing left in the house. Hannah can teach you several languages and what to do when your car breaks up with you. Thanks for coming out.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

a few catastrophies...

it's the straw that's breaking me after having done been broken by that palin nightmare and ike, the abusive husband hurricane. i mean, it's call-the-lawyers-we-are-SO-over time.

i'm stammer-typing. it's just awful, and there is no defense for her. she does not NEED to work in these, no matter what she tells you. and today, she used the word cute.



but, at least one of us has kept her head in the midst of these disasters. while mame was handing over her soul to those ridiculous clog families, i spent my rent and someone else's on these... loeffler randall's prettiest creation. i read them fairytales before bed.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, wait, wait. What ARE those things? It's hard to tell in the picture. They're not... they're not... they're not CROCS are they?

Oh jesus. Holding back vomit.

The LR heels are gorgeous though. Nice work!

hannah said...

yes. THANK YOU!! and she's painting, do you see that? she's turning into the mad woman in the attic.

wish you were here to drink away the approaching hurricanes with me.

Mamie said...

you are SUCH a jerk. and, you know, our smarter readers can see through this.

me: uh, here's a picture of my work shoes taken with my CELL PHONE and, yes, i have to work in them and i might as well get the CUTE ones and my mom says they're so ugly they're almost good looking.

and you're all: i'll arrange this flower on my most favorite chair and then snap the shoes at TWO ANGLES with my kodak Z459T00000000009K.

hannah said...

omg. did you even SEE the shoes? they should have had the louvre as their backdrop.

eric said...

Leaving in a few hours to spend the 21-day weekend with you, mamie. can't wait! we can totally get matching crocs and t-shirts that say 'i'm with stupid' that have arrows pointing at each other and then paint each others portraits. hugs and kisses.

Anonymous said...

I think Mamie just implied that I am one of your dumber readers. That's ok though; it's probably true.

That being said: I would still never be caught dead in Crocs.

(Love you Mamie. Really, I do I do!)

hannah said...

nothing you say can hurt her. besides, this is what she wants. she RELISHES all of it-- it's what's for dinner.

Anonymous said...

I just pawned my liver to buy coffee and you're buying billion dollar flip flops? Ugh.

hannah said...

FLIP FLOPS???

i'll need some time to get over this.