The Battlefield Where the Girls Say I Love You



That's just the thing: we will never tell you we love you. In fact, we're here only to hold hands across state lines and yell at the world. We're here to try to touch you across this chasm of flown things. Not even that. At most, I will teach you how to make a gin smoothie when there's nothing left in the house. Hannah can teach you several languages and what to do when your car breaks up with you. Thanks for coming out.

Monday, August 27, 2007

don't let these glasses fool you.



you wanna meet me alone in an alley in austin? i don't think so. i'll cut you. even though i already have what you have. i'll track you down at that mexican place on concord and not think twice.

5 comments:

hannah said...

the reason it's perfect: this explains both of you exactly. sally-- mischievous, wholesome (sorry sal, but yes you are in the most beautiful way), happy. mamie--sopissed (sorry mame, but also in the most beautiful way), dismissive, too cool.


manchego and figs, h (mamie, FIX THE AUTHOR THING. WE LOOK LIKE WE'RE ONE..not that we're not)

daisy said...

Are you actually trying to BE like Sally with this teenie-tiny-so-small-I-can-barely-read-it font you've selected?

I'm THIRTY. Could you up it just a point size (or four)? If I ask nicely?

hannah said...

daisy, don't you get it??? we don't know how to DO anything!!! see this hannah & mamie shit immediately above this comment? you think we WANT that?
but you're right. font is important.
mames
p.s. i hear you kick hannah's ass at scrabble.

sallylynn said...

my mother once told me, when i was on my way to high school for the first time, wearing khaki slacks and a blue sweater, that i was "wholesome like a doughnut."

and it seems i will never live that down. damn, damn. double damn.

p.s. daisy, my font size is perfect.

sallylynn said...

p.s. i do know that doughnuts aren't wholesome. just so we're clear. but it was a terrible, perfect comment my mother made, and it deserves to be quoted.

p.p.s. i love the picture. and i am terrified mamie is thinking about how she might just scalp me.