The Battlefield Where the Girls Say I Love You



That's just the thing: we will never tell you we love you. In fact, we're here only to hold hands across state lines and yell at the world. We're here to try to touch you across this chasm of flown things. Not even that. At most, I will teach you how to make a gin smoothie when there's nothing left in the house. Hannah can teach you several languages and what to do when your car breaks up with you. Thanks for coming out.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

don't patronize us.


we know what you're thinking (tom and eric). that we can't possibly keep this up. that we're going to cave, run out of funny, whatever. it'll be like anything one couple puts a lot of stock into: destined for ruin. like, remember the one happy couple from desperate housewives (transamerica & the melrose place guy)? they opened up that pizza joint and--wham!!--she ends up with the sous chef and he winds up in the walk-in with some 18 year-old hostess (okay, maybe it wasn't exactly like that).

well, you're wrong. hannah and i support one another. (skip to scene: i'm barrelling down I-85 this morning; hannah's yelling into the phone, "why haven't you blogged? what are you doing?????" and i'm screaming, "LOOK. i've got shit to do. i've got meetings. i'm trying to keep it together here.") we don't fall prey to insecurities or the expectations of others. (skip to scene: i'm brewing tea in the restaurant and trying to score cheese from the pizza guy. hannah calls: "do you think it's bad we don't blog about important stuff? like darfur. or politics. do you think people think we have no souls?") so, you're not going to win this one (tom and eric). i don't do failure.

i mean, just look how happy we are? that picture was taken just yesterday during our archealogical dig.

6 comments:

mendacious said...

having a soul as the one you describe is sooo overrated. pen and i by definition are soul-less but happier for it, less infighting and divisiveness. ; ) though occasionally... i bet we would be loads more cultural if we went on digs too- being longdistance is so lame sometimes.

may your coblog live well into the future.

eric said...

Listen, I am all for this train wreck. The more screeching wheels, sparks flying, metal crushing disaster of a ride, the mo betta. Shit, I, along with people all over the globe--apparently Canada has internet access? Who knew?...I keed, Canada. are digging your quirky little blog style. I see this as a straight shot to fame, fortune, and little ass showing. See daisy's blog and no Mamie, that doesn’t mean steal the conten. I'm just looking out for you guys. In the spirit of that undying anthem of the 80s, that’s what friends are for. Hey guys, I’m totally the Stevie Wonder to your Dionne Warwick and Gladys Knight…I guess T, you would be their Elton John….

Mamie said...

jesus, eric. i didn't know she also had miss teen the south carolina on there!!! hannah told me. smartcrazyfunny women think alike is all.

Anonymous said...

will you blog about your dates?

eric said...

'smartcrazyfunny woman on board' (TM)

Unknown said...

I am not sure I am can read these blogs anymore. It brings a smile (and laugh) to my face everyday. Problem is though, I thought I was a pretty funny chick, but after I read your blogs, I feel a bit self conscious in that area.Tell me I am funny Mames/ Hannah. Boost my spirits!