The Battlefield Where the Girls Say I Love You



That's just the thing: we will never tell you we love you. In fact, we're here only to hold hands across state lines and yell at the world. We're here to try to touch you across this chasm of flown things. Not even that. At most, I will teach you how to make a gin smoothie when there's nothing left in the house. Hannah can teach you several languages and what to do when your car breaks up with you. Thanks for coming out.

Friday, February 15, 2008

i see their training is coming along well...

in the car, kan was explaining to aaron who god and jesus are. he knows, but she was explaining anyway.

'they're people. exactly like you and me. they're just very large. but very nice and good.'

ten minutes later in the university library where i'm checking out dvds for them, aaron shouts, 'hannah, i think YOU'RE jesus!'

3 comments:

T. said...

Maybe Satan. Or Satin. Or Stanley. Or a summer breeze named zebra.

Anonymous said...

I think he's onto something.

eric said...

I hung out with Aaron and Kan while everyone was at AWP, for those of you who didn't know. One morning at the bus stop, in front of some snooty Forest Hills woman, Aaron looked up and asked, "eeh Eric, what's the devil?" My response was something like, "Looks like the bus is late, huh?" Then I kicked a little dirt around with my foot.

What I should have said and will say if it ever comes up again: Eeh Aaron, there is no devil and there is no god and life get worse with every breath you take, so you shouldn't worry about that right now. Have a good day at school.

Man, I’m going to be a great parent one day!