The Battlefield Where the Girls Say I Love You



That's just the thing: we will never tell you we love you. In fact, we're here only to hold hands across state lines and yell at the world. We're here to try to touch you across this chasm of flown things. Not even that. At most, I will teach you how to make a gin smoothie when there's nothing left in the house. Hannah can teach you several languages and what to do when your car breaks up with you. Thanks for coming out.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

911

you said it would happen, and it did. mimosa and i are holding an afternoon visual arts workshop for the children. but the children produced five masterpieces in 2 minutes, got glitter glue on Maus, and were over it. so, it's just us grown people, decoupaging and collaging intently, happily. the kids are lying on the floor moaning, groaning, dying of boredom.

then, the girl-child-thing is hanging onto my leg under the table going: Mama, mama, mama.

i go, What's a momo?

she chirps merrily, I called you Mama. (laughs) Mama!!!

a great roaring. a tilting floor. a bottomless void, oh.

she whispers to her brother, Come here. She looks funny--is she crying?

4 comments:

Mamie said...

um, so i'm talking to the girl thing this morning on the telephone. i say, "how are you?" she says, "fine, and you, mamie?" she's, like, 40.

ashley said...

same. i picked them up from (the ghetto) elementary and said "how was school today?"

k: fine thank you and how are you today?

better manners than 98% of people i interact with daily.

eric said...

what the hell? it's all a bunch of yelling with me: !!!ERIC CAN WE JUMP ON YOU!!?!?!?!HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!ERIC I'M GOING TO CLIMB ON YOU!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!I WANNA CLIMB ON YOU AGAIN!!!!HAHAHAHAHA I'M CLIMBING ON YOU!!HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

JaySlacks said...

Children make me uncomfortable. That's al I learned from the get-together today.