The Battlefield Where the Girls Say I Love You



That's just the thing: we will never tell you we love you. In fact, we're here only to hold hands across state lines and yell at the world. We're here to try to touch you across this chasm of flown things. Not even that. At most, I will teach you how to make a gin smoothie when there's nothing left in the house. Hannah can teach you several languages and what to do when your car breaks up with you. Thanks for coming out.

Saturday, September 1, 2007

forget the hummingbird, here's the deal

so, i had just posted that last entry, was settling down to write and...

my father (this is hannah btw--might be a good time to make the distinction) called to say there is a good chance that i am inheriting my brother and sister for a year, maybe longer. they are 5 and 6. i may not see or speak to you ever again. there's always the slight chance, as there always is with my dad, that this won't happen. but he sounds serious. and he's talking plane tickets, guardianship papers, etc. so instead of eating ice cream, i've been looking up school districts, start dates, and the like. clearly, am in shock--a little hysterical. i'm blogging for christ sakes.

but i'll be fine. i am preparing myself. it's complicated, but i'd almost rather they be here with me. even if it means life as i know it is over. but this happens, right? cars crash, people crash, and 28 yr olds give birth to elementary schoolers. this will be fun. this will be an adventure. this will be the best book ever. anyhow, keep me in yr thoughts. if you pray, now's the time.

oh yeah, and my mac is f*cked and leaving me. mac support is sending me a box. is having me renew a warranty (for three hundred dollars). so, i'll just be on mimosa's computer off and on for the next 5-10 days.

my car is not okay. it wasn't just the battery. i couldn't shift out of reverse for like 20 minutes at pcj. the a/c is blowing hot air. it's stalling out. crap. steve really let me down--just like a man. kidding. sort of.

ok, am obviously talking total gibberish. cross yr fingers and hope for the best.

love from crazytown.

3 comments:

eric said...

Look at it this way, if they do come to live with you, you can totally boss them around: bring me my cigs. bring me my mint julep. No WIRE HANGERS!. ;)

sallylynn said...

oh. shoot. well, at least the battery needed help, too. so i wasn't totally wrong. mostly, but not totally.

sorry, bug. no more bragging for me.

sallylynn said...

and now for the important part -- the part i couldn't talk about earlier, because the thought of children makes me edgy and nervous -- you'll be the best thing that's happened to *them* assuredly. i can't think of two luckier children, if they do come here, to have you nearby always...