The Battlefield Where the Girls Say I Love You



That's just the thing: we will never tell you we love you. In fact, we're here only to hold hands across state lines and yell at the world. We're here to try to touch you across this chasm of flown things. Not even that. At most, I will teach you how to make a gin smoothie when there's nothing left in the house. Hannah can teach you several languages and what to do when your car breaks up with you. Thanks for coming out.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

two things. maybe three.

I. question: what's that sitcom (i think from the eighties) where the main character can stop time and turn to speak directly to the audience? i need it for an essay. think, people.

II. oddly, this afternoon my ex found my debit card on the floor at moe's, 10 miles away from either of our houses. i didn't even know i'd lost it. strange that he'd be right behind me to step out for an overachiever on a soft shell at 3 in the afternoon.

III. always dubbed as the abusive one, i'll have you know that hannah has said all of the following over the telephone today:

* it's 3 am. you better be hurt or dying.
* i curse you with this chant: you will always be angry, you will always be angry, you will always be angry.
* it's like you're just yelling 27 DRESSES!!! at me.

it's fine, though. we ended our last conversation singing the moldy peaches to one another.

IV. overheard at starbuck's this morning: one republican father says to his grown republican son: it's hard to know who to vote for. THEY'RE ALL SUCH GOOD CANDIDATES. i like the way fred thompson thinks, but i'll probably end up backing mccain. hhhmmmm.

V. hannah and i are going on vacation this summer but can't decide where to go. anyone? anyone? i already asked the niece and she suggested the gaffney outlet stores.

i'm sorry. we'll write a real post soon.

11 comments:

Cue said...

But "27 Dresses" is totally worth yelling. (And seeing twice. If you're me.)

Anonymous said...

out of this world? scary that i know this...

hannah said...

iceland!!

Mamie said...

OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! i knew it had something to do with a pretty blonde from another planet.

and i'll totally be at the cranium party tuesday.

andrea, two words: malcom doyle.

wrdcreater said...

I. Already Answered, why I watched that show I can't tell ya.

II.That is too weird and you should go see a physic but a good one like in Pee Wee's Big Adventure. Alamo.

III.I think that is just Hannah's way of telling you she cares.

IV.Mc Cain Sucks.

V. Come visit me in SF. Well Daisy is here too. Please. I promise it will be the time of your life.

Mamie said...

hhmmmm. love sf. does have the tendency (as daisy can attest) to get me into trouble...

i'm screaming west coast while hannah is patiently chanting nepal at me. so we'll see.

eric said...

Nepal + SF = Epcot Center Orlando

Other options:
Dollywood
Bible Land
Six Flags over Georgia
Pick a cruise, any cruise
Myrtle Beach, SC
The Creation Museum
Bon-bon Land in Denmark

You're welcome and if you help booking flights of tickets, just let me know.

eric said...

Umm...

You're welcome and if you need help booking flights or tickets, just let me know.

kisses

Anonymous said...

Zack Morris could also stop time and talk to the audience, too.

Anonymous said...

I second "Out of This World," but also wish to note that Zach often stopped time and talked to the camera in "Saved by the Bell." I wonder if he could also talk on his giant cell phone?!

Mamie said...

jesus, people. out of this world vs. saved???? that's like apples and, and, and apples chips.

jessie spano says: i'm so excited! i'm so SCARED. THERE'S NEVER ANY TIME (move to scene with tears and speed breakdown). woman after my own heart. also, i never bought the spano slater union. it SCREAMS arranged marriage.